PGP Fundamentals: PhORCAS
PhORCAS is the online application tool for the ASHP residency process. Similar to PhARMCAS for pharmacy school. This is the tool where you will upload all your transcripts, CV, letter of intents, tag reference writers, and put all your info. There's a lot to consider when using this application tool and we break those down in this episode.
Questions we discuss:
- Should you copy over all the fields in your letter of intent into the personalized fields in PhORCAS?
- How does the reference portion work?
- What are tips to build a successful PhORCAS application?
- What are the costs? How much will I pay per program?
- How to budget for PhORCAS
This episode's take-aways:
- It's going to take a long time to build your PhORCAS application so set aside periodical time to do this.
What should you do now? PhORCAS does not open until later in the summer/fall, so right now just focus on your APPE rotations and building those spots in your resume, Listen to our other episodes on how to be successful during APPE's.
What should you do later? Get on PhORCAS and become familiar with it, start building your application
Check out our website and sign-up to join the SASO (separate and stand out) squad. Check out our blog. If you like the show, support us by telling your friends or colleagues about it. You can also support us by clicking the coffee button on the website and buying us a cup of coffee or getting yourself some of our premium merch.
Follow us on twitter @PGPharmacist or on Facebook, Instagram, or LinkedIn @ThePostGraduatePharmacist. What questions did we not answer? What did you think of the show?
Music | "Sweet" by LiQWYD